Monday, June 18, 2007

Doritos Unlock Xbox Contest


I was surfing around on Xbox Live today and noticed the new ad from Doritos - Unlock Xbox. I had no idea what it was, but it peaked my interest so I went to the website. You can surf around it, but there is an Xbox 360 section which takes you to a different website.

Apparently, there is a contest coming from Doritos in which you pitch a game idea and the winning idea gets made. The pitch must be no more than 500 words long and can contain up to 3 media files(pictures, audio, video, etc) that are no more than 3 MB in size each.

Doritos isn't taking submissions until June 21st. And entries are due by July 29th.

The five finalists will work with a team of developers to make beta versions of their games which will be judged through the website and a panel of judges. The finalists will also receive "a 42-inch plasma television, a limited edition Xbox 360 Elite Console, one copy of every Xbox 360 title published by Microsoft in 2007, 2,000 MSN points, a one year subscription to Xbox live, a home entertainment system including a 5.1 Dolby surround sound system, and a pro-gaming chair".

There you go. Josh, you can dust off your old Monster Grand Theft Auto idea... Or listeners can comb through our old podcasts back when we had the "Pitch a Game" section(I think it lasted one or two podcasts).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'M GOING TO WIN I'V BEEN WAITING FOR THIS NO MORE COMMENT

Unknown said...

I'm going to submit my ideas. I think I have some real winners on my hands. Boo yaka.

Jester013 said...

Yeah, it looks like these will basically be Xbox Live Arcade games. But don't forget, Josh, how is your game idea "Doritos inspired"?