Monday, June 11, 2007

Halo 3 Beta Says Farewell

So last night the Halo 3 beta ended. I was able to get an hour or two in yesterday before I packed it up. If you did see me online yesterday "playing Halo 3 beta" it was mostly because I was recording the videos to my camera. I've got some decent video which includes some great grenade work from Charlie, an awesome sniper shot from Shayne, and some great killings from Nova. I would have included Andy and Santana, but they did split screen and I just didn't want to deal with that. Plus I think Andy already saved his. I also have my first game recorded as well as a couple of custom matches where the speed and super jump were turned on. Custom games were some of the dullest games I've ever played on Halo.

I tried logging onto the beta this morning to find the Shadowrun message. You can still log into the beta with Crackdown, but you can only get to the main screen. There's no option for the theater to watch your movies.

According to the Bungie forums, some fans played past the beta in custom matches. Some questioning if they should leave their 360 on and logged into that particular lobby.

In the end the Halo 3 beta was an awesome experience with the final release a little more than 3 months away. I'm excited to see how the final version plays with custom armor, new weapons, new vehicles, new maps, and a campaign story that I can't wait to see resolved. My videos will keep my Halo fix in check until then as well as the comic book series that starts next month. Until then I guess I'll play some Shadowrun or better yet Monster Madness was a great demo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I played a few hours Saturday with a couple friends. I hope the graphics get a little better in the full game, but either way I'll be buying it to play the single player. For not I'm good with playing Shadowrun.

Unknown said...

Another reason I kept my videos is so that after the game is released and I've forgotten what the beta was like, it will be interesting to go back and see how much the game changed from the beta to the actual release.

Jester013 said...

My last memories of the beta will be of those fools trying to get a custom match going for like an hour. I never got into a custom match, but you know what, playing any match was better than listening to five guys argue about why it's not working...