Thursday, June 7, 2007

Shadowrun Demo is Out! Sort of.

The Shadowrun demo is out, but according to the forums, people are having a hard time downloading it. Apparently it gets stuck at certain points and you will have to redownload it. I'm hoping to download it tonight and get in on the action. There's no mention of the issue on Major Nelson's blog, but if you want to kill some time while you wait for the download to complete, then check out Tenchu Z or not.Update from Major Nelson:
I called the operations team on the demo issues, and they are working on it.

I need to jump on a plane now, but I am sure this will be fixed by the time I land.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the demo. Just buy the game. I've not found anyone that did not like it once they tried it.

Jester013 said...

I'm tempted to buy it every time I go to a game store, but so far, they only the PC version and have been sold out of the 360 version.

Jester013 said...

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen it, Rooster Teeth(the guys behind Red vs. Blue) has started a new machinima series called 1-800-MAGIC which uses Shadowrun for its game engine. You can view the first episode here. I believe it will also eventually be available on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Unknown said...

I'm downloading it right now (9:15pm EST). I figured I would read a jigsaw review before it finished, but there's no review. What's up with that? :)

PuLseLoGiK said...

Chalk up one to me jigsaw. I downloaded and played it last night. While I agree it is a unique game and changes the element of FPS I do not think it is worth a purchase. Cannot justify the pricepoint. It doesn't feel like a complete game.

Maybe it's too early for me to tell but I played it for a good 2 hours and didn't find it all that fun. You guys have fun playing it online.