Monday, June 4, 2007

XYBA Podcast 08

Episode 08 is out. We finally had schedules that permitted this almost hour long podcast about Halo 3 beta and those other games whose names escape me. The sound is getting better, but I need to stop eating my mic. My apologies. Andy did try to tell me, but I didn't realize I was that annoying. We'll get the next one right. Here's the breakdown.

00:00 - Introductions with Josh, Andy, and Chuck
01:00 - Games that we're playing
05:50 - Command and Conquer 3: Mission Impossible
07:21 - Halo 3 Beta impressions :|: Rick Ross
13:35 - Simcity 2000 :|: Onslaught Review
14:38 - Games Tori's Playing
15:11 - Gaming News :|: World Series of Video Games July 29th, Legend of Zelda II: Adventures of Link coming to VC, Wiimote has a voice translator, GoW Novel, Analyst predict GTA IV will be pushed back, Guitar Hero III Battle Mode, Prince of Persia movie, games moving to other consoles rumors squashed, and more.
28:09 - Bumpers bites Andy and Charlies thumbs hurt from holding the mic. Hold this Charlie *Josh grabs his huge junk*
33:00 - Round Table Discussion about casual gaming and how it affects console gaming then we go off on a tangent about movies translating into games and games translating into movies.
43:20 - A bug flies off of Chuck's face
43:42 - Games we are looking forward to: Simcity on DS, Spore, Fracture, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Manhunt 2 on the Wii
50:04 - No rants this week
50:47 - Shoutouts
51:06 - LAN Parties a thing of the past?
54:59 - Outro Music by Grant while we discuss more Halo 3 Beta



Download XYBA Podcast Ep08

2 comments:

Jester013 said...

Rockstar has come out and said "Hell no! No delay for GTA IV! Analysts be damned!" Ok, not a direct quote, but I could read between the lines.

Mike said...

Hey! That squishy ball thing in BioShock you guys were talking about is totally ripped from Half-Life 2. In fact, about 80 percent of what I've seen of that game is taken from Half-Life 2 and then improved upon in some way. Having said that, I'm still really looking forward to that game. I'm hoping to put a pre-order in the next few weeks. It's gonna be sweet chickens.