Sunday, December 7, 2008

Rumor: Splinter Cell Release Date?

I ran across this release date the other week on Gamestop's website, but apparently it's starting to appear with other retailers as well. Splinter Cell: Conviction is being listed with a February 2nd release date.

Personally, I don't put much stock into this. I think there would have been a much bigger to do about the official release. And it doesn't fit with Ubisoft's fiscal plans. So I wouldn't bet on this rumor.

... Unless the game is beyond salvage and Ubisoft is going to quietly release it just to get it over with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be really cool. It seems like it has been in development forever.

Jester013 said...

Yeah, supposedly they restarted from scratch at one point. I was really looking forward to this game when it first was announced, and I'll probably get it no matter what when it finally does come out.