Monday, June 30, 2008

Comic: Welcome Back

My newest comic deals with some of my thoughts about the announcement of Diablo 3. More thoughts after the jump.

So Diablo 3 was announced. It was inevitable that it would come out. The Diablo series is still extremely popular. I think it will do well. However, I don't know if it will do as well as previous Diablos.

Will its old school hack/slash/loot combo attract new gamers? Will it still only be available on PC? Console gaming has risen in popularity while PC gaming has suffered.

On the other hand, no matter how well it does or not, I tip my hat to Blizzard. They're putting out Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 and being true to the games' roots. And let's face it, Blizzard has World of Warcraft. They don't have to put out another game ever again and they're still set for life.

No comments: