Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tony Hawk Demo...

As virtual skateboarding fans were forced to wait a few more days for EA's skate to reach store shelves, a demo for the new Tony Hawk game called "Proving Ground" hit the xbox marketplace. I downloaded it last night; My full impressions as Josh would say "after the jump."

Graphics - Garbage. Gameplay - Boring. (On a side note, if you want me to have fun with your crappy game, or want me to enjoy the demo so I'd buy your crappy game, let me use a character that has at least some stats. I would say this is a real example of how a demo can hurt a game, because anyone who's played "skate" and still wants to buy this is crazy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

not a good sign...I'll still have to check out the demo tonight for myself, but it does seem odd they would have you use a player without good stats.

Jester013 said...

Eric's biased, though. He hates Tony Hawk games. I think he hates Tony Hawk personally from some deep, dark childhood incident...

E-goD said...

I went back and played it again for a few minutes today... second reaction...it still blows.

Unknown said...

It can't be that bad. Have you already become a Skate fanboi? Did you forget that Tony Hawk was one of the reasons you bought your 360? Or was that Skate? I thought it was Tony Hawk. I'll say Tony Hawk.

Jester013 said...

It was Skate.

Anonymous said...

After playing through the demo I like THPG. The additions to the Nail-The-Trick were really fun and it was nice not to be mad the whole time I was playing because I couldn't get my timing right to build up speed. I'll be playing Tony Hawk for sure. skate may still get a rental, but I have a feeling it is going to piss me off and I'll give up on it.

Jester013 said...

I suck at all of the skating games so both are about the same to me. :-)

Eric likes skate because it's "closer to real skating" which I also suck at.