Thursday, September 27, 2007

Halo 3 = Fistfulls of Ca$h



It looks like Microsoft has something new to brag about. Halo 3's first day sales numbers came back very impressive, the official word from MS: "Halo 3 has officially become the biggest entertainment launch in history, garnering an estimated $170 million in sales in the United States alone in the first 24 hours. The Xbox 360 title beat previous records set by blockbuster theatrical releases like "Spider-man 3" and novels such as "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Not too shabby for the crew at Bungie for the swan song to a franchise that will surely live on in the gaming history books. I haven't picked it up yet myself, but my Magic 8 Ball has assured that it "seems likely" that I will have it by the weekend. Kudos all around MS and Bungie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I contributed to their cash, but unlike many I got the regular edition of the game. I'm glad I did too because the campaign and co-op are fun. Now I need to go find time to play some multiplayer.

Unknown said...

Jigsaw you need to change your name to Jigsaw Softcore for not buying the Legendary Edition. Charlie and I both bought the helmets and let me tell you, I've been using it for everything. When I go driving in my car I use it as a second passenger, it makes a great sous chef, and I practice my kung fu with it.

On a not so serious note, I have to say that 4 player co-op is the best. Boo yaka.

Jester013 said...

Don't listen to Josh. I wasn't a sucker either and bought the regular edition. It's all about the gameplay, not the helmet.

E-goD said...

The one point I would like to make is, it's a lot easier to make more money than a movie when...
a. a movie ticket cost between 5 and 10 dollars. and...
b. the game costs between 60 and 130 dollars.

Either way that's about 12 times as much.

Unknown said...

Sure it would take less to reach that goal, but wouldn't that make it harder then because the cost of entry would turn more people off.