Monday, February 19, 2007

Xbox Live TV Videos

I tried the Xbox Live TV download service for the first time today.

I downloaded last week's episode of Veronica Mars. I'm a big fan of the show, but I missed last week's episode because I was busy getting my ass kicked in the MLGPro Gears of War tournament and forgot to record it.

Anyway, it seemed to work very well. I paid 160 Microsoft points(approximately $2.00 US dollars) for a Standard Definition 475 meg file, 42 minute long episode. That's $0.01 more expensive than the same episode would be on iTunes.

It took 25-35 minutes to download, and you have the option to watch the video while it is downloading. That's a pretty handy feature I didn't know existed with this service.

Watching the show without commercials is very nice. But the skip forward feature only skips ahead like 40 seconds.

No comments: