Thursday, February 7, 2008

360 HD-DVD Drive Gets Price Cut

HD-DVD DriveMore news in the HD War that is video game related. Microsoft is cutting the price of their 360 HD-DVD player attachment by $50 making it a $129.99. So far this is only affecting North America.

I'm not sure if this will make a dent in the purchases of HD-DVD players because it has a limited market, the gaming market. No casual shopper looking for an HD-DVD player is going to buy a 360 plus the player just to watch movies. I was contemplating getting the unit when I bought my HDTV, but I decided to go with a standalone player because if I wanted to take my 360 over to a LAN party, then my family would still have a means to watch HD movies. Also I didn't like the fact that there was no HDMI input unless I bought a certain cable for my 360. It will be interesting to see the NPD numbers for this next month.

2 comments:

E-goD said...

HD-DVD is already dead. Long live the Blu.

Jester013 said...

This price cut varies. In my console search, I've seen the HD DVD player in many stores. In some it's still $179.99. But I've also seen it for $119.99.