Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm a (short-lived) Xbox Live Celeb!

So, Josh and I spent like 50 hours playing Saint's Row 2 together. It's a great game and if I ever get time from playing Fable 2 and Fallout 3, I'll probably write about it. Anyway, the last few days I keep getting random messages from gamers that I don't know. Today I found out why - I'm a short-lived Saint's Row 2 celebrity.

The first message was masterfully written as "HOW DID U THROW SUM 1 SO FAR??????"

After a second, I realized that he was talking about Saint's Row 2. I ignored it but meant to write back later. I just thought he was trying to get the achievement for throwing someone in the game.

Today I got a bunch of other messages from strangers asking about the same thing. When I finally figured out why, I looked at the leaderboard for Saint's Row 2. Some of the early messages make me think that I was number one on the Throwing leaderboard for a while. When I looked at it, I was number 3 and I'm currently number 4 because one of the guys I told how to do it got it down enough to capture second place.

There's my celebrity status. Throwing people 6,971 feet in Saint's Row 2. :-P

2 comments:

Jeff C said...

so... HOW DID U THROW SUM 1 SO FAR??????

Jester013 said...

I believe it was when I was doing the Crowd Control activity. Some of the levels take place on the roof of a skyscraper. And I threw people off that roof.